The Mall, Part Two--CityMall
For those of you who lie awake in the wee hours, wringing your pointy nightcaps over the fact that I can no longer eat Applebees' famous spinach and artichoke dip, wring not! CityMall, the fancy one, also has a Tony Roma's. I'd never eaten Mr. Roma's fare until this recent trip to San Pedro Sula, and the fact that I ordered filet mignon may have friends and family wondering what Honduras has done to me. (This is because I had once again sworn off putting anything with eyelashes in my mouth. And that is because I'm a sentimental fool.) The meat came to my table wrapped up nicely in a ribbon of bacon (cheers, Mikey), but it certainly wasn't just one part of the cow in there. Maybe "filet mignon" means "the stuff that's left" in Spanish.
CityMall also had a bookstore, and I think I must have skipped around inside like a schoolgirl. John bought me several as part of my birthday present. Here is a picture of him in front of the Inglés section. I just finished Breakfast at Tiffany's and really liked it. Now I'm on Madame Bovary and next it'll be The Adventures of Tom Sawyer because I have only ever read excerpts. I know, I know.
You've got to admire a good rip-off, and DK'D donuts is certainly that. Same color scheme, same emphasized consonants, same font even. And the best part of all, there is a Dunkin Donuts right around the corner...so it isn't like they don't know it or it isn't obvious to everyone.I'm almost as impressed as when I saw the fake Hooters in Nairobi. (picture of it here: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/25a57/1f4d33/2/


1 Comments:
next time you're in Chicago, i'll let you drink out of my 1996 Christmas At Tony Roma's glass mug. I think you're really going to enjoy that. seriously.
Saturday, October 21, 2006
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home