Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cross-Dresser Registering Voters/Carcasses Hanging from Trees

I was riding my bike to the store yesterday and passed this. For the most part I'm pretty acclimated to life on Utila, but every once in awhile something will stop me in my tracks.








Brenthan was getting islanders registered to vote for the upcoming Honduran election. We've got a handful of people running for mayor of Utila and it seems heated.

The guy in the brown shirt hit on me while I was taking the photos.
"Who you for?" he asked.

"You mean, who is my husband?"

"Yeah..." he said, seeming a bit deflated by my use of the last word, which is exactly why I stuck it in there.

"Norwegian John," I replied.

"Oh, yeah...I know him. You got a pretty baby. You want to take my picture?"

"Sure," I said and I snapped one of the above.

"Let me see it," says brown shirt guy, who introduced himself but I've forgotten his name. A short pause as he looks at himself on the teensy screen, and then: "Man, I look good."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home