Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bine Goes to Burning Man



These are from several weeks ago. Bine's most recent finger/body painting endeavor. I got her to smear ink on one small piece of construction paper before I gave up and watched her morph into a smurf. This shot was taken after some rinsing, so just imagine the blueness. It was fun and cute up until Bine had a massive tantrum when we told her she had to clean up before coming in the house. I know, the nerve of us. Incredible how sweet and happy she looks in this picture. Almost as if she knows that the grandparents will be seeing it and she should do everything in her power to maintain the sugar and spice facade. I think JA and I had to decompress for a good hour after that bout of terrible two-itude. The finger paints were banished to a distant closet until Mamma and Pappa fully recover, maybe when she's off to college.


This is Bine and me (and the bop) running from a swarm of mosquitoes as we gave up on a family bush walk. Summer is bugalicious in Utila. You can tell this from the look of terror on my water-retaining face. JA and I were eating dinner with some friends recently when I described myself as "kind of a wimp when it comes to mosquitoes." JA almost choked on his shrimp, laughed, and said, "KIND OF?!"

It isn't the greatest picture in the world but it is a testament to my girth, and that was a handful (two handfuls?) of pounds ago. Next week we go to Ceiba for a last-stretch (ha) appointment. It'll be my first ultrasound in months, and I'm excited to see the little wiggler. Four weeks until ouchie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Baby Bloomer said...

Smurfette can do anything!

Friday, August 14, 2009

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home