Friday, October 20, 2006

Birthday, Part Two + The Mall, Part Three

We spent the morning of my birthday at the hardware store, which is a place that makes my eyes glaze over no matter the country and all I want to do is find a spot to sit down and look pitiful. But John's eyes swell into red giants as he zooms around collecting all the things we need for the kitchen, like hinges and drawer pulls, and for some unexplained reason a 10-million-candle-power flashlight.

I found a few things, myself. This is where I picked up that delightful birthday candle. Here are some other party favors available at Larach Hardware.


Some Beginner's Bible and Free Willy noisemakers. When was Free Willy in theaters? I'm pretty sure it was while I was in high school. And let's not even get into how long ago the Bible hit the stands.


You have no idea how often I've hosted a gathering and thought to myself, "You know? This is pretty fun but something is missing." Now I know what it was. Slain baby party favors. Honestly, I have no clue what is happening here.

This is Doña Nora. She helped us locate everything we needed, gave us a 10% discount on all of it, and kissed me on the cheek when she found out it was my birthday. She also ribbed John for buying me an oven and a sink, which was even funnier when she found out that my actual gift from him was a sewing machine. (Oven and sink pictured below as well.)




We also went back to CityMall to buy the cooktop we drooled over. This ride was near the food court, and as it was my birthday I couldn't resist.


While we were having lunch in the food court I snapped this picture. Glad to see that discarded banana clips have found a home in Honduras. (For the record, there was a Paseo Univeritario at CityMall but I didn't make eye contact.)

1 Comments:

Blogger MessyJessy said...

It's sad but "banana clips" are still seen here in NC. I am embarassed to admit that my Mother-in-law is stuck in '88 and STILL wears them. [sigh] She also has rather large bangs.

Friday, October 20, 2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home