Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Lesser-Known Side-Effects of Pregnancy

I know that mosquitoes like me more than usual (which was already a lot), that my balance is off (see recent entry), that I'm rivaling the dog in frequency of marking territory, and that I am highly absent-minded. What more could there be to this pregnancy thing?

Evelyn informed me the other day that, as I am with child for the first time, I am now capable of administering haircuts which not only look incredible but are guaranteed to result in faster growing and fuller tresses. I felt a little bit like the young Clark Kent when he discovered the green crystal in the barn and, via the disembodied voice of Marlon Brando, realized his full potential. Evelyn asked me if I'd give her a trim and I agreed; who am I to withhold my super-powers from the people?

We'll see if it works.




In other news from this week, my friend David turned 77. John Arne and I went to his birthday party where I crowned him and had the honor of feeding him forbidden sugary cake. (He's diabetic.) Happy Birthday, King David!

1 Comments:

Blogger gregoryedwin said...

finally, the true identity comes to the fore. what will katie gibson do if her sister is a magnificent cutter of hair. will she have to get preggers too? find out next episode. same gibson time, same gibson channel!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home