Delightful Gran Hotel Sula
John and I are off to Guatemala for a couple of days. We've stopped in San Pedro for the night, staying in the Gran Hotel Sula again. (I posted pictures of it last time we were here.) There wasn't a large man with a Barbie doll in the lobby yesterday evening, but two happy older gentlemen were playing this instrument. I made a video of them but I haven't been able to upload it yet. Possibly a problem with the internet connection here.
John and I watched for some time and they appeared to appreciate our enthusiastic applause. Old men + old instruments = A really nice way to start a vacation.
Also, once again tv in the Gran Hotel Sula provides us with something we'd not get in the states (see Snail Cream). Yesterday's parade in Cuba for Fidel's 80th birthday, uncut, complete with government-lead chants. Viva Fidel! Viva Cuba! Viva Raul! Viva la Revolución!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home