Thursday, November 02, 2006

Back to the Good Stuff

Remember when I tried to demonstrate how things aren't always great on Utila? That was hilarious.

Last weekend Anne-Marthe and Felix rented Sandy Cay, one of the small(er) islands off of Utila. They invited us to stay a night with them and I'm telling you I promise cross-my-heart that if you come to visit (Ivan, Danny too) we will go there. Okay okay it wasn't completely wonderful. The beds were crap and the house is a bit run down...but it is a tiny sandy island (2 minute walk across) with palm trees and hammocks, so stop complaining. And when the room was too hot and the bugs were biting in the night John and I took our mattress out onto the dock and watched shooting stars until we fell asleep.

On the way there we stopped at the fishing village islands to buy the catch of the day for dinner that night. Some kids were jumping off the dock to impress John, the photographer. He got some great shots. The little girl is Kimberly. We were both pleasantly surprised that the other remembered our name from the last visit a week or two ago. She's the one in the white shirt. The woman in front of the sign is Bette, who runs the fish shop on the cayes and supplies Red Lobsters in the US. Upsetting that something so delicious can become something so...that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home