Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Felix Navidad

Monday was Felix's 28th birthday. Felix is Anne-Marthe's boyfriend and Anne-Marthe (in case you don't remember) is John's sister. They are visiting from Berlin for a month. We spent the eve of Felix's birthday at a beach on the other side of Utila called Don Quickset, where John tried to teach us to climb coconut trees and cut open the fruit. I didn't pick up either very quickly, must admit. It was the first time I'd ever sipped out of a fresh coconut, which was super fun. John and I also tried out our new palm-leaf tricks; he made Felix birthday hat and I made a bird.

It's much harder than it looks! I gave up and Felix took over. Here is the result:



When the mosquitoes and sand flies started nibbling we headed over to the cayes, the little fishing islands off of Utila. We ate some fish burgers at Susan's Restaurant and picked up some fresh red snapper. An all-around wonderful day.



Thanks to Anne-Marthe for sharing some of her pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home