Bine Goes To The Coast
We got back to Utila on Monday evening after a long day of travel. Wednesday I had a pretty high fever so we decided to go to the mainland the next day, my birthday. Not exactly how I had hoped to spend my 32nd, but after the hospital (where I got antibiotics) John Arne took me here for a beautiful birthday lunch.
Bine didn't seem very impressed with La Ceiba since she slept through a lot of it. The people there, however, were highly impressed with JA. They stopped and pointed and whispered and smiled. Baby-wearing is common in Latin America, but I don't think the dads do it very often. JA said he's never in his whole life gotten that much attention.
I have lots of pictures from our time in Kansas with my family and our trip home that I hope to post soon. Trouble is we're back in the land of slow internet (right now we have an upload speed of 7kb) and it took me most of yesterday and overnight to make this album. Before we didn't have a password on our wireless account so that boats int he harbor and backpackers staying nearby could borrow, but today JA locked it off and renamed our account "Too Slow To Share" as a sort of apology.


1 Comments:
Happy birthday to Amanda! We hope you are healty again. It makes such fun to read your blog. We have been to Cypros and are now back again. Mum is well and loves when I show her the pictures of you all and especially Bine. Love from Sidsel + neighbours & family
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home