Friday, April 11, 2008

New Skills, Big Deal

It's been awhile since my last Bine update. The power cord to my computer died a dramatic melty death so I've been unable to download pictures or videos until a replacement arrived this week. (Thanks, Fabrizio!)

In the past couple of weeks Bine has developed two adorable and practical skills: waving and snorting like a little piggie. What follows is a little film of the former. At first she deemed only her own reflection worthy of this new greeting, and from the start she has gone about it in a very serious manner. Waving, to Bine, is a solemn task. The last few days she has been more generous with her salute, wagging her wrist at Ella, Sue, and Pappa.

In other skill-related news, the radio show I used to work on, "Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me!", won a Peabody Award. This is a huge deal. I'm so happy for my former colleagues/extended family, and I feel truly proud to have been a part of the program for seven of the ten years it has been on the air. Last night I met yet another fan of Wait Wait here on Utila. I am always excited to run into someone familiar with (and enthusiastic about) my past life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bine, we great you! Very nice clip - she is learning something new every day. And congratulations on the award for the show Amanda! Great :-)

Sunday, April 13, 2008

 
Blogger Baby Bloomer said...

I just want to eat her up!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home