Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Walking, Talking. You Know, Being Awesome.

I got an email from my cousin Peggy today saying she loves the recent pictures, and that she's sure if Bine were walking I'd OBVIOUSLY have shared that information immediately.

Um...well...

We have a good excuse, honest. She's been doing a little step or two here and there for some time now. I think the first was in Colorado? But in the north of Norway, with that fresh mountain/sheep-poop air and lots of time to contemplate her goals in life, she took it to a different level. Trouble was we didn't have fast enough internet to share.

As for her vocabulary, the first official word came out on the plane from Newark to Oslo. We were taking off and Bine suddenly stopped nursing, looked up into my eyes and said, "HI!", in a very chipper little Bine voice. She's happily used that word (and tone) at least 7,000 times since, always charming whatever stranger she's encountering and sometimes managing to postpone bedtime because it is just so damn cute.

Since then she's added "takk" (Norwegian for thank you), "bop" (baby/doll), and "up." If you ask her what Bine says she answers "Oooooooh." When asked what pappa says she laughs and tucks her head down because she knows the answer is "Now I'm coming to eat you up!" in a scary pappa bear voice, accompanied by tickling and neck-gobbling.

Here, ladies and germs, is our almost-one-year-old daughter walking and saying words.

10 Comments:

Blogger M5 said...

Oh Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU! My heart is aching and soaring all at the same time! Kisses to that beautiful little girl!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

 
Blogger M5 said...

Forgot to mention...Elizabeth's first word was HI too! Tell Bine she's in good company!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

 
Blogger Baby Bloomer said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Did you know that "Hi" means "I love my grandmother?" Really, it does!!!

I just want to eat her up.

Mom

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

 
Blogger Ken Hansen said...

såååååååååå herlig

meija

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

 
Blogger Amanda said...

There are a few other words/expressions I forgot to mention.

--"Uh oh!" Often a warning that something is about to be dropped

--"MMmmmmMMMMMmmmm." Binese for "What you're eating looks really good and I'd like a sample, please."

--And here's a fun Norwegian spelling: "æsj." It sounds a little like "ash" with a soft "a" sound. That's Norwegian for "yuck" and she says it with her mouth open after she's put a rock or a mound of dirt in there and wants to confirm it was a naughty thing to do.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

 
Blogger Me and My Arrow said...

Olympics, Shmolympics-- Bine is going for the gold! Way to walk and talk, Bine!!!!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

 
Blogger Måns said...

Amazing - and with perfect Swedish accent as well :)

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

 
Blogger M5 said...

I just showed this to Doug and Alaina. Everytime Bine said HI, Doug said "Doug". I think someone misses Bine and is worried she will forget her first true love!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

 
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hi Bine! Hi!

Saturday, August 16, 2008

 
Blogger M5 said...

Happy Birthday Awesome Girly! We love you!!!!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home