Fru Løken
John Arne and I swore eternal love yesterday at the courthouse in Topeka. My family was there, my husband (whoa) looked gorgeous, the judge was a sweetheart, and the whole process was incredibly easy for being so permanent. As you can see from the photos below we enjoyed every one of the 600 seconds it took to commit ourselves for life.
We had the requisite funny moments, as well. While applying for our marriage license last week the woman behind the counter looked at John's passport, scrunched up her face and asked, "So...is Norway the TOWN?" And yesterday we were shopping for some non-Teva-shoes for John Arne about an hour before The Deed. I mentioned to the incredibly flustered, very young (he had braces, for goodness' sake), self-proclaimed spanking-new salesman that we were in a real rush because we had plans. While checking out he finally asked what we had going on that evening. I replied, "We're getting married at 5 pm." Got the reaction you'd expect, especially considering my current turning-radius.
John Arne and I spent the following few hours practicing calling each other husband and wife in all of the available languages. That will have to replace our previous game of asking if the other would like to get married in fill-in-the-blank days/hours.
Seriously, I've never been more sure about anything. It was completely natural and doubt-free...a legal formality, albeit very special, to seal something I've known and said to John Arne from the start: I love him and will do everything I can to ensure that our lives are spent happily (and here comes the key word:) together.
xo
A










11 Comments:
Congratulations from Sweden! Mr & Mrs Onion :-)
Friday, July 06, 2007
Sending huge love and congratulations. I am beyond happy for you and wish you all the best and more.
xo,
Laurel
Friday, July 06, 2007
hooray!
from Amsterdam, with love,
amy and dave
Friday, July 06, 2007
We're glad John finally found shoes - and you.
lovelovelove
K&T
Friday, July 06, 2007
Hip hip hooray to Herr & Fru Lök from a rainy dropzone in Sweden. Lots of love & congratulations from Ola
Saturday, July 07, 2007
Congratulations to the happy family!
Saturday, July 07, 2007
HAPPY MARRIAGE MR AND MRS JOHN AND AMANDA AND BABY! When it is meant to be, even countries can not keep you apart. Love to you both!
Sunday, July 08, 2007
ps-- most beautiful aunt katie there is...
Sunday, July 08, 2007
BIG CONGRATS!!!!
from Singapore with love
Monday, July 09, 2007
Masse gratulasjoner med bryllupet og lykke til med alt som er i vente i tiden fremover. Håper å få se dere i sommer. Klem fra tante Hansine, Torill og Sidsel m/fam
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Sjitt Påmm Fritt :)
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home