Super Yuki
Our new friends Will and Yuki came over for a sushi feast and last hurrah before they sailed away on Wednesday. Yuki is also due in September with their first baby, and right now their plan is to make their way back to Florida and then sail over to Norway to have their son. If the seas on the way to the US are too much for Yuki, she may fly to Norway and Will will find someone to crew with him across the Atlantic.
I asked Yuki if she'd give us a lesson in sushi making. JA and I have tried once before but we couldn't get the rice right. Yuki to the rescue. Bine is in love with Yuki, so much so that she was willing to eat anything the woman touched. (No raw fish!) Baby's first sushi, though she spit out the seaweed.
Tonight we asked Bine if she had a good day and if she was happy. JA translated happy to Norwegian, "lykkelig." To Bine it sounded like "Yuki." Yuki? she asked. I think she misses her friend.
Some pictures of our dinner with Yuki and Will...and Will Jr.
I've never seen a prettier sushi chef.










And here are some older pictures from a really nice day we spent with them on Water Cay in March.




2 Comments:
Beautiful women with bumps!
Monday, May 04, 2009
Hey, thats the first picture I see of your pea-in-the-pod! You look great. Where are you planning to have the baby? Coming this way in the near future at all? We´d love to have you. XOXO Catarina & Co
Monday, May 04, 2009
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home