Friday, July 13, 2007

Kansas 4th

John Arne and I have been in Norway for almost a week now. Last night I think we finally broke free of jet-lag. It was the first time we weren't awake for many hours in the middle of the night playing backgammon, eating delicious Norwegian goat cheese, and reading. Not a problem if one doesn't end up sleeping most of the next day away. Maybe the curse was broken by all the "Mysen Special" pizza we had yesterday at Max Pizza in lovely downtown Mysen for our one week wedding anniversary. (Nothing else was open, it's a very small town.)

We've also gotten to spend some quality time with HÃ¥vard (JA's brother), Bente, and their kids Jens and Ola. Today Uncle John Arne is taking Jens hiking at Linnekleppen, where we went last year. Jens wants to visit Per again, a friend of JA who lives in the fire watch tower during summers. Sadly I have to pass this time because even thinking about inclines makes me short of breath. What a difference a year makes.

Speaking of, my darling husband(!) arranged all kinds of appointments for us this week. We toured the hospital in Fredrikstad (pronounced "Fredrikstaah," according to JA) where we plan to push this thing out in August. I couldn't be happier with the facilities. If all goes well we'll be in the alternative birthing center, where they encourage walking, bathing, acupuncture and stretching...though there is laughing gas for the fathers. We also met with a general practitioner and a midwife, so now we have regular care established until d-day. Comforting.

I promise to post some pictures from here soon, but for now feast your eyes on some shots from Topeka.
Me, Dad and The Bean at mini golf. I won, which may explain his expression.

Katie hits an awesome shot into the bushes

John Arne hole-in-one

Katie, hole-in-one #1

Katie, hole-in-one #2

Have your party at Safari Golf

Safari Golfers

Double date weekend with Karla and Travis in Kansas City

Doing a little research at Barnes and Noble

Prego me driving our rental car home from Kansas City.

Grandpa inspecting his new great grandchild

Narne with a turtle at the neighborhood 4th of July parade

Mom's new patio

Mom and Nugget

Aunt Squeezie and Mom

Noodle with Grandpa

...and Granny

Grandpa thinks his food looks pretty good

...but Merideth's looks better.

Uncle Hug and Lauren

And here is a picture from one of our recent airport layovers. There's still room on the lap for napping.

1 Comments:

Blogger Baby Bloomer said...

Hi sweetie! You are precious....
Hey, I still don't have any comments on my blog!!! Dang!
Mom

Friday, July 13, 2007

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home