Sunday, October 21, 2007

John Arne's Day Off

Today is Sunday, and a very hardworking JA has been eager for this day of rest. All week he, Luis and Moncho have been working from 7 am to 5 pm on the house, and sometimes even later. Last night a tuckered-out JA said, "I'm looking forward to relaxing tomorrow," and he unplugged the alarm so we could sleep in.

Today we woke up at 8 am instead of 6 am. After having a morning playfest with Bine we came downstairs in our underwear for some coffee and breakfast. Over bread and jam JA started thinking about his boat and how to fix it. No sooner had he mentioned it than he was downstairs tinkering.

Next I saw him it was lunch time. JA started telling me about a homemade water purification system he found on the internet. No sooner had he...you get the picture.

At one point this afternoon I looked outside and he was working in the sun on our back dock, wearing only his tevas, a red baseball hat, sunglasses and white boxers.

A little insight into the mind of my darling husband, John Arne Løken: "A relaxing Sunday" means he still does as much work as he would do during the rest of the week, just in his underwear.

1 Comments:

Blogger Baby Bloomer said...

John, I adore you!!!! Amanda, you are one lucky woman....
Mom

Monday, October 22, 2007

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home