Making Lemons out of Lemonade
Bine turned nine months this week. The most striking recent development is her realization that she can fake situations to get attention. Or at least one particular situation thus far. After her arm got stuck in the side of the high chair a couple of times requiring rescue, our very clever little monster quickly filed this away and put it to good use.
"You're making salad and not talking to me? Ooops! My arm is stuck and I need help. Help, Help!"
"I'm out of bites of chicken? Shoot, there goes my arm again. Assistance!"
"I'm tired and crabby and don't know what to do with myself? Wouldn't you know it with the arm..."
Here's a video of the last scenario (times three) for your viewing pleasure. I laugh every time I watch. Man, JA and I are really in for it.
I was talking to my friend Anna about this today. I mentioned how surprised I was that Bine had already figured out how to be manipulative and deviant. Anna then told me that her ten-month old son Benji laughs at certain people, in a vicious way, and that it is embarrassing. I didn't buy it. "It's true!" said Anna's sister, Helen, "I didn't believe it either until I saw him." Apparently if some of the stranger (read: mentally challenged and/or physically, uh, distinct) Utilians pass them on the street Benji utters a very particular "heh heh heh" out of the side of his mouth and then won't make eye contact. Anna has no idea how to handle that one.


7 Comments:
that video is amazing. she has got you right where she wants you. cute
jody
Thursday, May 22, 2008
go bine! some people call it mischievous... but we both know it takes a special kind of talent to be so tricky. and with a face like that.... it will work every single time. keep it up, champ! tell your momma i have been missing her very much these days!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Wow, she IS GIFTED!!!! Amanda, sweetie, you didn't figure out how to be manipulative until you were..mmm...let's see...Oh, yah, you were the one who said the dog wet your pants! Must have been 2 years old. Love it!
Mom
Friday, May 23, 2008
ummm... why have I never heard the story where Amanda said the dog wet her pants?...... Have you all been holding out on me?
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Angela, I could tell you STORIES....but you will just have to wait for the book.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Angela, in order for us to be friends until we're in our 90s I have to keep some tales stashed away for later. Don't worry, I'm a big fun of making fun of Amanda so they'll come out. Ask Katie. Have her show you pictures of my fifth grade afro perm. That's one of her faves. And if I remember correctly, mommy dearest, that was YOUR DOING.
Angela, you're getting married in like no days and I don't know anything about it. No more stories until you share.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Man! That is one smart kid!
You are going to have to be on your toes to keep up with that one. ;-)
Monday, July 07, 2008
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home