Thursday, November 15, 2007

Pampers, We Love Thee

Last summer when we were in Norway we spent a few days with our wonderful friends Oscar and Sofie. They have a beautiful little girl, Felicia, who is about four months older than Bine. Over dinner in Oslo--before Bine was born--we were teasing them about how much they talked about Felicia's diapers and the goings on therein. "Just you wait," they warned, "You'll be doing it, too."

No way, we promised each other.

No. Way.


This is a picture of all the diapers and wipes we bought in San Pedro Sula at bulk-store-heaven, PriceSmart. The day after we got them, John Arne (daring skydiver/motorcycle enthusiast/swinging-bachelor-until-age-36) said, brimming with sincerity and joy, a sentence neither of us ever thought would escape his lips: "I love these Pampers!" And then, as if to seal our doom, "I can't wait to try the wipes!"

I cringe to think of all the things I've uttered that are worse than those.

This week one of our house guests was discussing the icky stomach issues many suffer when traveling to Central America. After apologizing for speaking of such things over the breakfast table we said, "Forget about it. That's all we ever talk about at meals. Bine's poop, our poop, the dog's poop. You fit right in."

Sofie and Oscar, we tip our hats.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that. Javier called me at work and told me that he had something very important to talk about. He proceeded to tell me that Benjamin had finally pooped (after 3 days). He left no details to the imagination. How much, what color, what consistency. It was a very animated conversation and we both were very relieved, as we have been talking about the lack of poop and how can we get him to poop for 3 days.

Monday, November 19, 2007

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home