Tuesday, November 06, 2007

La Gringa

I am not very good at painting a picture of life in Honduras. Luckily "La Gringa" is. She's an American woman who moved to La Ceiba, the nearest city on the coast, in 2001. Since discovering her blog she has seemed to read my mind about several things. Last time we were in La Ceiba I told JA that I know where to buy material but have no idea where to find buttons or zippers. Just a few days later La Gringa posted this. She has also experimented with various toilet cleaning methods--another recent discussion in our house--and posted the results. (Not terribly thrilling reading unless you also have mineral heavy water and don't like brown toilets. In which case, her secret weapon is a loofah.)

I was particularly amused by this entry about the typical articles found in the local newspapers and one of her recent trips to the grocery store. And this one and the comments that follow it, while rather catty, had John Arne and I laughing in agreement. Especially the "pointing with your lips." If the concept is unclear I'd be happy to demonstrate next time I see you.

1 Comments:

Blogger La Gringa said...

Hi Amanda! I just discovered your blog after following a Technorati link to my blogicito. I've read the whole thing and really enjoyed it. Your house is looking fabulous and Bine...well, she must be the cutest baby in the whole world.

I'm adding your blog to my feed reader right now.

I tried to follow the link to John Arne's blog but it doesn't seem to have a link -- just an FYI for you.

Thanks so much for the mention of my blog. I hope you enjoy it and I'm glad to hear that it helped you out in some small way.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home